Podcasts & online audio content: How to get more clients by telling your story
- Pitching yourself to be a podcast guest
- Starting a podcast
- Repurposing podcast content (as a host OR a guest)
- Other types of ways to use audio content and ensure all content is accessible to all
- How to get people to speak on your podcast
- Using podcasts for lead generation
- How to create a podcast
Submission Guidelines: We would love to have you submit content to be considered for a feature in one or more of the following: the Rising Tide monthly guide, on the blog, on social media, and more. Being selected for one publication outlet does not limit your potential for selection on other platforms. Your article must be at least 1000 words and a maximum of 2000 words. You are invited to submit an additional free worksheet, graphic, or other tool for creatives related to the monthly topic and your area of expertise.
For best chances of publication:
- Focus on Action-Oriented content - include top tips and best practices
- Share intermediate to advanced level content written for an audience of full-time creative entrepreneurs with 3+ years in their industry
1. The pain points you specifically hear about from the small business community and why it matters2. Tactical tips and strategies to overcome the pain point(s) and what the impact would be in doing soImagine you were explaining how to replicate your tips, strategies and ideas to your business bestie. Share the steps on how to put it into practice. The more details, the better! We want people to walk away with the tactical know-how to learn from your ideas and implement similar tactics in their own businesses.3. Include a natural HoneyBook tie in (either about HoneyBook in general or a specific HoneyBook feature)How exactly do you use it to solve the pain point?Why does it help?What is the result?
- Use headers and subheaders in your article - this helps the article to be read easily, and is more likely to be selected for publication as a result
- Include a corresponding image to potentially be used alongside your article in any or all avenues (including but not limited to: monthly content guide, website, blog, social media, etc.). All photos will credit you, your business, and/or the photographer.
We are seeking action shots of creative entrepreneurs and makers in their element, creating, and doing business, and/or any images that pertain to the content of the article. At Rising Tide and HoneyBook we love to highlight the diversity of community members including but not limited to: industry, background, race, style, and more. These can be images photographed by you or of you, but regardless, you agree to the following: By submitting a photograph, you warrant that you are the owner of the image, and that you alone own the copyright or that you have obtained any necessary third-party releases to share the image. You understand that neither you nor the photographer will receive any compensation for the photos being used but will be credited in the channel they are used.You also agree to the images being potentially featured in any or all content and marketing materials for Rising Tide and HoneyBook (i.e. monthly content guides, e-mail marketing, blog posts, social media, promotions, website, etc.).
- do not exceed 1400 px wide (700 px is optimal)
- file size is 700 kb or less
- web quality (72 dpi)
- This content is used as a tool for teaching and sharing within the community online and at our TuesdaysTogether events around the world. Our audience receives clear, actionable content best. Be concise and proofread for errors in your copy. We reserve the right to edit your copy as seen fit for reasons including but not limited to: grammar, content, SEO effectiveness, and more. We also reserve the right to use only a portion of the submission if needed.
- As an organization that believes in inclusivity, we aim to provide content for our community that does not discriminate or exclude any person or people group based on their religion, political interest, race, gender, or sexual orientation. Any content that does include a religious, political, or other such bias will not be accepted. We ask that you keep this in mind when writing and submitting content for publication.
- We love lifting up and sharing voices from all people and with diverse perspectives. As we’re a lean startup focused on creating accessible communities and small business tools to best serve you, we are unable to provide monetary compensation to our contributors at this time. We do our best to actively promote featured contributors’ content to help provide brand exposure among our audience of highly engaged small business owners around the world. (We have 50K active Rising Tide members in 475 local chapters and active social and email channels that provide even more reach.)
- We do not allow any sales pitches or personal affiliate links. However, if you'd like to provide an additional free resource via an opt-in, you're welcome to include a link to the opt-in, as well as submit an additional PDF resource in the Submittable form. We encourage you to view contributing content as an opportunity to share the values of Rising Tide, and to foster genuine connection, education, and encouragement. If you have something you’d like to share but aren’t sure if it’s permitted, don’t hesitate to ask us!
You can find the full Content Terms and Guidelines here: https://www.honeybook.com/risingtide/communityguidelines#content