Topic: Outsourcing & Growing Your Team
This topic includes:
- How to build a team through contracting and outsourcing
- Analyzing your numbers to know when it's time to outsource or hire
- Knowing your superpower/zone of genius and when to hire an expert to take over the areas that you struggle with
- How to delegate well
- The difference in 1099 and W2 employees, & how to hire and pay them
- How to ensure brand consistency while growing your team
- The roles various team members/contractors can play (virtual assistant vs. business manager vs. business strategist vs. etc.)
We would love to have you submit content to be considered for a feature in one or more of the following: the Rising Tide monthly guide, on the blog, on social media, and more. Being selected for one publication outlet does not limit your potential for selection on other platforms. You're invited to submit either: a full article or a short quote/tip from the community. To be considered for a blog post your article must be at least 800 words, but please recognize we have limited space for features and ask that you stay within the suggested word count.
Full article: 800-1200 words; can submit an additional free worksheet, graphic, or other tools for creatives related to the monthly topic.
For best chances of publication:
- Focus on Action-Oriented content - include top tips and best practices
- Share intermediate to advanced level content written for an audience of creative entrepreneurs with 3+ years in their industry
- Use headers and subheaders in your article - this helps the article to be read easily, and is more likely to be selected for publication as a result
- Include a corresponding image to potentially be used alongside your article in any or all avenues (including but not limited to: monthly content guide, website, blog, social media, etc.). All photos will credit you, your business, and/or the photographer.
We are seeking action shots of creative entrepreneurs and makers in their element, creating, and doing business, and/or any images that pertain to the content of the article. At Rising Tide and HoneyBook we love to highlight the diversity of community members including but not limited to: industry, background, race, style, and more. These can be images photographed by you or of you, but regardless, you agree to the following: By submitting a photograph, you warrant that you are the owner of the image, and that you alone own the copyright or that you have obtained any necessary third-party releases to share the image. You understand that neither you nor the photographer will receive any compensation for the photos being used but will be credited in the channel they are used.You also agree to the images being potentially featured in any or all content and marketing materials for Rising Tide and HoneyBook (i.e. monthly content guides, e-mail marketing, blog posts, social media, promotions, website, etc.).
- This content is used as a tool for teaching and sharing within the community online and at our TuesdaysTogether events around the world. Our audience receives clear, actionable content best. Be concise and proofread for errors in your copy. We reserve the right to edit your copy as seen fit for reasons including but not limited to: grammar, content, SEO effectiveness, and more. We also reserve the right to use only a portion of the submission if needed.
- As an organization that believes in inclusivity, we aim to provide content for our community that does not discriminate or exclude any person or people group based on their religion, political interest, race, gender, or sexual orientation. Any content that does include a religious, political, or other such bias will not be accepted. We ask that you keep this in mind when writing and submitting content for publication.
- We do not allow any sales pitches or personal affiliate links (other than HoneyBook affiliate links). However, if you'd like to provide an additional free resource via an opt-in, you're welcome to include a link to the opt-in, as well as submit an additional PDF resource in the Submittable form. We encourage you to view contributing content as an opportunity to share the values of Rising Tide, and to foster genuine connection, education, and encouragement. If you have something you’d like to share but aren’t sure if it’s permitted, don’t hesitate to ask us!